incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 04:28:53 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> To help prioritize the list migration efforts, I've collected numbers
> from the legacy OOo lists.  Looking at 2011 posts, year to date, these
> are the average posts/day for the most-used lists.

 <snip>

I've created an updated version of this list, looking at the time
period from Feb 2010 to the present.  That encompasses the releases
cycles for 3.2.1 and 3.3, as well as the 3.4 beta, so it should have a
fairer representation of all lists involved within a release cycle.

I've put the top 100 lists on the wiki, in a table.  I'm hoping we can
map these to the equivalent Apache list or identify where additional
lists may be required.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Mailing+lists

I've taken a first pass over a random selection of the lists.  Nothing
set in stone, but maybe it will provoke a discussion that helps us
understand this better.

One question I have, after seeing the list, was what purpose was
served by the de.dev, fr.dev, fi,dev, etc.  Were these lists used
specifically for i10n related development, such as proofing tools,
number, date/time, currency formatting code, etc.? Or were these
general lists for discussions related to core development, held in the
developer's native language?

Regards,

-Rob