incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [legal] How to clarify, if usage of Boost C++ source libraries is allowed
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:44:58 GMT
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html it is said:
> <quote>
> Asking Questions
>
> Please submit questions to the Legal Affair Committee JIRA space.
> </quote>
>
> Thus, I expect that people from the Legal Affair Committee will response.

Honestly, I see clear answers from legal-discuss for only a small
fraction of the questions that are submitted.  I don't know if we're
misusing that list or what.  But it does not appear to operate like a
list where you submit a questions and get a definitive answer in a
finite period of time,

Do Mentors have have an idea on whether we're approaching these
questions the right way?

In particular, should be forcing the questions by proposing a
categorization and seeking lazy consensus?  For example, "If there are
no objections within 3 days to treating the Boost Licence as Category
A compatible, then we assume lazy consensus and go forward with that
treatment"

-Rob