incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:10:32 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:56:35 +0200
> Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>> As Rob said in this thread, there are many people on the forum (75).
>> This is already a huge number!
>> They want to have the power to vote new moderators in as they need it.
>
> I think this is incorrect; as I understand it, they wish to vote in new Volunteers.  The
higher levels of Moderator or Administrator would be subject to Apache confirmation.

Here are the roles at Apache:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

Do you have a similar list, with definitions, for the forums?

It would be good to understand what you think a "Volunteer" would map
to in terms of an Apache role.  Ditto for Admin and Moderator.

-Rob