incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug reporting, handling rules
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:48:41 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote on Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 21:18:31 -0400:
>> I'd recommend handling this via respectful discussion with the user on
>> the list, expressing your concerns.
>
> Do me a favor and quit making those implications.  We ARE having
> a discussion with the user.

Dave proposed on this thread: "Shouldn't a moderator turn this
subscription off? (or not allow it in?)"

And then you responded with  "+1" to that recommendation.

I responded, as a list moderator, saying that I thought such action
would be unwarranted and premature.

If you actually agree with what I proposed and disagree with what you
proposed originally, then there are probably better ways to express
that than by attacking my response.  That would certainly be less
confusing.

-Rob