incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:22:21 GMT
I don't want to distract us too much for the 3.4.0 work.  There is a
lot of work to do, mainly around the detailed work of IP review.
However, I think we should have a parallel conversation, with project
contributors as well as with users, about what we could do after that,
in a major release.

I'm thinking of questions like:   What should we be doing?  What
should we be adding (or removing)?  What can we improve? What are the
deployment blockers?  What other technologies can we integrate?  What
excites you so much that you would be willing to contribute to the
effort to make the idea become reality?

I've been talking with my IBM colleagues on some really cool things
that we would like to contribute to AOOo 4.0.  But I'd like the
conversation to be larger than just IBM's contribution priorities.
Let's have the broader conversation.

What is the best way to do this?   We could do it on ooo-dev and
ooo-users, with a [AOOo 4.0] topic tag.  We could have a blog post.
We could collect ideas on the community wiki.   We could go
multi-modal, for example, get raw ideas on mailing list and then
summarize/categorize on the wiki.

-Rob