incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [LINUX-BUILD] Follow up on last week's developer education event
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:55:22 GMT
Any observations on the Linux build event we had last week?

>From technical perspective, I think it worked well.  We got several
people verifying the build instructions, and found a few corrections.
Nothing earth shattering, but it was a start.  Remember to update the
build guide with anything new that you found!  (I need to do the same)

>From community building perspective, I saw a few new names pop up on
the list because of the event.  I'm not sure if they were lurkers, or
whether they joined the list specifically for this event.  Either way,
this is a good thing to get more developers involved.

I didn't see much activity on IRC, though that might be because of my
time zone.

Do we want to do this again, maybe for the Windows or Mac build?

-Rob