incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Announcing Apache ooo Bugzilla on OpenOffice.org Lists
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:44:37 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I am preparing a message for OpenOffice.org lists on the shutdown of the OO.o bugzilla,
the availability of the Apache ooo issues tracker, and advice on resetting passwords if there
had been an account already.  In particular, I want to reassure folks that the list from
openoffice.org has been preserved and those who have submitted bugs can check their reports
to be sure.

This will be a great relief to those who were worried.  Thanks.

Maybe also invite new Apache members to create an account.

> The lists I think merit such a notice are, these English ones:
>
> announce@openoffice.org
> dev@openoffice.org
> discuss@openoffice.org
> issue@openoffice.org (where bugzilla notifications were going)
> users@openoffice.org
>
> A couple of the lists are low density in terms of direct subscribers, but this will also
plant something in the archive for anyone who comes looking later.

> Are there other lists?

dev@qa.openoffice.org ?

And maybe also:  ooo-dev@i.a.o and ooo-users@i.a.o

We have 200+ subscribers on the Apache lists, and not everyone was
following the infrastructure-related threads.

> Are there any national-language lists where this would be important?

If there are, I'm sure people will feel free to forward your note.

> [I am not looking at forums and the wiki yet.  Those should be separate discussions,
I think.]