incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 00:03:43 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 07:58, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have no objection to the general recommendation of list
>> consolidation, directing all user-related lists to ooo-users
>> and project-related lists to ooo-dev.
>
> Having thought about this some more over breakfast, I amend that
> comment. I would support requests for some specific language-related
> lists (especially user-related lists) to be established now, rather
> than waiting until later, if the request comes with offers to
> moderate. For example, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Italian...

I think requests like this are always in order.  Someone can propose,
give 72 hours for lazy consensus and then enter a JIRA ticket if there
are no objections.

Personally, I'd look for some actual evidence of demand for the list,
for example, by there being sufficient moderators supporting the new
list, that there was some discussion on the legacy OOo language list
and there are users there who would be active in the new list, etc.  I
want to avoid what happened with OOo where we preemptively created a
project with mailing lists for every language supported by OOo.