incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:39:00 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's called delegation Rob, and it's done all the
> time within the ASF.  The PPMC can delegate ALL
>
> management/oversight aspects to whomever is on
> the PPMC that is also involved with the forums.
>
> So long as 1 person on the PPMC is watching over
> the activity, and anything noteworthy gets passed
> along to the board via PPMC reports, it's a perfectly
> humane way of conducting yourselves.

So we can delegate selection of approval of committers to a single
PPMC member?  Really?

-Rob

forum would fit into Apache; by your earlier post you do not think there is such a mechanism.
Might Apache be prepared to modify (by extension) their structures to accomodate these?
This becomes a problem for the legal draughtsmen, of course.  The old rule of £minimal change"
ought apply.