incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Editorial Calendar for the project Blog
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 02:06:01 GMT
So total silence.  Is that the best we can come up with?

Who asked for the project blog in the first place?  It wasn't me.  And
it wasn't Dennis.  But so far we're the only ones who have written up
posts.

Please do take another look at this note and sign up for a post.  It
could be informational.  It could be an announcement.  It could be
seeking volunteers.  It could be seeking feedback.  Whatever.   Our
ooo-dev list averages 56 posts/day. So it should not be hard to find
material for a blog post every two weeks.

I'll sign up for the next post, planning on one related to the IP
review of AOOo, to give the reader some sense of what we're doing and
why we can't just immediately release AOOo 3.4.0.

Please add your own ideas to the Editoral Calendar and volunteer to
write a future post.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA

If we don't start getting some additional volunteers here, I'll
propose that we delete the blog altogether.  So far, its existence has
received more note in the press for lack of updates than for any
content there.  I'd rather have no blog if we can't do better than
that.

-Rob