incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for September 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:44:42 GMT
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Rob,
>
>  1. Considering that the Bulldozing term and thread were on ooo-private, it will be
weird to have that reported here as status of a group that was not privy to it.  (The IPMC
and mentors already know, of course.)  I recommend that the mention be removed.  A community
accomplishment would be the increase in civility on the ooo-dev list, perhaps.  If this is
to remain, do you have a more affirmative statement than that mentoring was required?  Positive
outcome strikes me as the accomplishment.

I think this was an issue of concern to the community and it was
discussed on the ooo-dev as well as on ooo-private.  If there are
other preferred ways of describing it, then edits are welcome.  But I
think the term "bulldozing" is accurate and well-understood at Apache.

>  2. I also forgot an issue, and that is our failure to deal with the (usage of) encryption
software now public in the code base.  That does strike me as an issue that the Board might
want to be aware of.

It might be worth giving a one line summary and a link to each of the
several issues you or other project members have raised on
legal-discuss.

>  3. Issues were listed in the August report, under that heading.  It might be good
to have accounted for them.  I have no idea what to say about the organizational one, but
perhaps to report that the oversight responsibilities of the PPMC as delegated by the ASF
were clarified and are being applied.

Maybe this could go under community?

>  4. In particular, discussions with documentation authors were mentioned in the previous
report and discussions as to licensing were identified as an issue.  If you have a rewording
for the outcome (rather than removing the topic completely from the status), I think that
would be a good idea.

I think that is subsumed with migration and IP review of source code,
website and other content, highlighted as one of the top three things
we need to do.

That is also related to an unresolved legal-discuss question on the CC license.