incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject MarkMail Archive of legacy OOo lists
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:01:44 GMT
I'm not sure if everyone knows about this.  On the users/discuss list
some appeared unaware of it:

All the posts are archived, for 332 OOo mailing lists, nearly 1.7
million posts, going back to July 2000.

Does anyone happen to know what the retention practice at MarkLogic is
for lists?  (I can send them a note, but I thought I'd check here
first)  Specifically, are we going to have a problem if a list starts
bouncing or goes silent?  Do they just archive lists that are active,
or is it safe to assume that these lists will be preserved long term?

If we think they are not preserved long-term, we should probably think
of a way that we can archive them, either in the MarkMail format (if
available to us) or from the OOo archives.

View raw message