incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Umbrella projects
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:42:12 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

I disagree.  I don't think, for example, that it would be sufficient
to call for a release vote in Japanese on a Japanese mailing list.
This would be true, even if three PPMC members were contacted off list
to point them to the otherwise obscure voting thread.  That is
tantamount to a stealth ballot.   Why not just send the ballot to
ooo-commits in Sumerian?

We need a standard, well-known, recognized "polling place" for votes
to occur, and I think that is be with ooo-dev.

-Rob