incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 04:17:48 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob and all,
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> You also have other options which would require greater coordination
>> with the Apache, including moving the forums into the AOOo project.  I
>> prefer that option, but this is not my decision.  This is something
>> that the forum volunteers will need to discuss and reach consensus on.
>
> I like that option, too.
> :)
> I am going to ask (in English :) ) non-English (means English is not
> their native language) speaking volunteers (admins and moderators in
> ES, FR, HU, IT, JA, NL, PL, VI and ZH Community forums) what they
> think about the migration and see if we, volunteers, can make
> consensus.
>
>> We need consensus of both the forum volunteers and
>> consensus of the PPMC.  But this consensus needs to start from a
>> concrete proposal.
>
> I see. The contents of the proposal are up to us, volunteers, you said.
> And you listed the questions [1] you would like to see covered.
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/k6kmrjrqkzs4cpay
>
>> Could you work with the other forum volunteers to put together a
>> proposal that you all agree on?
>
> OK. I will ask them.
> It will take time to discuss, reach consensus and make a proposal.
>
> All, can you wait?
> :)

Yes, Hirano-san, take your time.  There is no advantage to rushing
this.  In fact, we can all take some time to cool down as well.

You might also look at the draft that Christian put on the wiki [1].
Maybe some variation on that would work?  I like it better than my
original proposal.

My revised proposal is this one [2] in the "Proposal: Forum
integration" thread.  There are other good ideas in that thread from
others as well.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOODEV/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
[2] http://markmail.org/message/nmu5kgcjxpsm76xr