incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 02:04:46 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
<andrew@pitonyak.org> wrote:

> On 09/04/2011 02:23 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Terry Ellison<Terry@ellisons.org.uk>
>>  wrote:

>> If you do not own the hardware, the domain name and the trademark,
>> then you are operating at the pleasure of those who do own these
>> things.  That might feel like autonomy, but that is illusory.  If you
>> want to see what autonomy looks like, look at http://www.oooforum.org/
>
> where sadly nothing happens for years until the one person able to do
> anything significant finally decides to make a change.....  I see,
> therefore, far more spam and other things there than at the user forum.
>  Yet, years later, nothing has been done to improve things.

It looks like a very active forum, with many users and volunteers
answering questions.

And strangely I see Terry has an account there, with 554 posts:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=30585

Hagar has 5,171 posts there:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=24243

And even you have 3,512 posts there:

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=3905

It couldn't have been all that bad if you spent so much time
volunteering on those boards.

-Rob