incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:19:36 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:51 AM, Pedro F. Giffuni <> wrote:
> Hmm ...
> It looks like  I missed where the decision to use MediaWiki and deprecate confluence
> was taken. I guess it was arranged with infra as long as MW is up to date and
> the extensions are documented.
> I am not complaining though: it sounds like lazy consensus in action plus we can
> always change mind later on and try the conversion script.

Do you have a counter-argument?   I think the factors are at play were:

1) We have a huge amount of content already in MediaWiki from the
legacy project. Although it might be converted to Confluence, the
effort would be large.

on the other hand

2) MediaWiki was not supported by Apache Infrastructure and getting it
supported and migrated would require a lot of admin work

So far, it looks like the admin effort has made more progress than the
translation effort.   Maybe not a final decision, but that is how it
looks to me today.

> Pedro.

View raw message