incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:23:58 GMT
2011/9/22 Pavel Janík <Pavel@janik.cz>:
>> Proposed way to move forward
>>
>> 1. put the externals under .../trunk/ext_sources
>> .../trunk/ext_sources
>> .../trunk/main
>> .../trunk/extras
>> 2. adapt configure to use this as default, disable the download (maybe
>> reactivate it later if we move to a DSCM)
>> 3. keep the process with checking the md5 sum as it is (for potential later
>> use)
>>
>> Any opinions or suggestions?
>

> +1.
>
> And one more question:
>
> If we put something into SVN into .../trunk/ext_sources, do we have some URL that can
replace http://hg.... so users don't have to check out everything? Ie. do we have a URL where
we have "real checkout" of the SVN? Some SVN web interface? Don't know Apache infra well yet...
That would be real killer solution!
> --

I was thinking something similar.  We only need to use the SVN
interface to the files when we're adding or updating.  But we can have
bootstrap continue to download via http.  The location, using
Juergen's proposed location, would be
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/ext-sources

This would save having a duplicate local SVN working copy of the file, right?

-Rob