incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:42:45 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Reizinger Zoltán <zreizinger@hdsnet.hu> wrote:
<snip>

> Why you think the volunteers and admins will join to this list, if you not
> makes any steps into the other directions?

I'm assuming the volunteers and admins want positive results.  The
decision-making in the project occurs on this list -- ooo-dev -- by
participants making and discussing proposals.    So I think that
volunteers and admins should join and participate in this list so they
can engage in an open, two-way conversation on how the project,
including the support forums, are run.

Remember, I am just one person, with my own ppinion.  I have only one
vote.  I don't make the decisions myself.  But if an admin or other
forum volunteer is not participating on the ooo-dev list at all, then
their opinions will likely be unheard and their vote uncounted.  That
is why you should encourage them to participate on the ooo-dev list.

-Rob