incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [users] Re: Languages
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 02:05:31 GMT
Hi Dale,

I'm forwarding your question to the Apache list where OpenOffice
development discussions are now taking place.  Hopefully someone here
has an answer to your question, about how to get started making a new
language translation of OpenOffice.

Regards,

-Rob
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dale Erwin <dale@casaerwin.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Subject: [users] Re: Languages
To: users@openoffice.org

On 8/29/2011 1:53 PM, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Hello Erwin,
>
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:14:10 -0500
> Dale Erwin<dale@casaerwin.org>  wrote:
>
>> If this is not the proper forum, perhaps someone could point me to the
>> proper one, but I am trying to find out what is necessary to be done to
>> have a new language available for OOo.
>
> You might have to download a so called "languagepack" for the
> language you want and have to install it alongside your OOo version.
>
> Once you have installed it, go to Tools ->  Options ->  Language
> settings ->  Language and choose there the default language you want.
> You will have to close OOo completely (even the Quickstarter if you
> use it) and restart OOo for the change to take effect.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sigrid

After sending my email, I was afraid it would be construed that way.
I don't mean adding a language to my installation that OOo already
supports.  I mean adding a language to those that OOo supports.  I'm
specifically thinking of the Neapolitan language (I dislike using the
term dialect, but it is commonly referred to as an Italian dialect).

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org