incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [WWW] OOo accepted projects websites have been backed up (svn checkout) to my Apache area
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 12:15:56 GMT
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Kay,
>
>> OK, I've done another svn checkout for the curretn OOo "accepted projects"
>> and the put the web info (actually what the OOo site calls "source code"
>> which could be a LOT of stuff), and these are now residing in
>>
>> /home/kschenk/OOoAcceptedProjects
>>
>> available to those with shell access to people.apache.org
>
> I've done the same locally with my kenai2website.sh script.
>
> Most of the OOo website uses a license called Public Documentation License 1.0.
> http://www.openoffice.org/licenses/PDL.html
>
> It is supposedly MIT equivalent. What I am trying to track down is how the "Initial Writer"
is documented. Once that is done then I think the next step is to confirm that PDL can be
categorized as Category A.

> I do not want to speculate about that until we can confirm how "Initial Writers" are
documented, but I am assuming that documentation contributed to OOo is OK. If the PDL turns
out to incompatible with AL2.0, but permitted on an Apache hosted openoffice.org or apache-extras,
then we are still good. I know the Rob wants stronger all AL2.0 docs, but for this step we
are only trying to preserve what exists now.

I think that is fine as a priority:  Preserve, classify, segregate,
remove/replace only if necessary.  We're doing the same for source
code, right?  Everything gets checked in and then we sort it out.
We'll need to have it figured out before we release or graduate, of
course/

-Rob

> I have seen meta tags like this in a portion of the html: <META NAME="AUTHOR" CONTENT="<name>">.
In that case it may be clear who the initial writer, but if that is missing I am completely
clueless. How would you find this information? Did the migration to Kenai cause the loss of
the necessary information? Is StarOffice/Sun/Oracle almost always the "Initial Writer"?

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> --
>> MzK
>>
>> "Music expresses that which cannot be said and
>> on which it is impossible to be silent."
>>                                                   -- Victor
Hugo