incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Set up of ooo-dev-ja at incubator.apache.org
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:01:00 GMT
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose setting up of ooo-dev-ja at incubator.apache.org
>
> As Japanese OpenOffice.org mailing lists such as
> users@ja.openoffice.org, announce@ja.openoffice.org,
> dev@ja.openoffice.org, discuss@ja.openoffice.org,
> documentation@ja.openoffice.org, marketing@ja.openoffice.org,
> qa@ja.openoffice.org, translate@ja.openoffice.org, will be closed, I
> would like to invite subscribers
> on those lists to ooo-dev-ja at incubator.apache.org.

Have you considered the name:   ooo-general-jp.incubator.apache.org?

Some other Apache lists have a "general" list as well.  I think the
idea is to use that for lists that cover more than just dev
discussions.  Since you want the jp list to cover users, doc,
marketing, translate, etc., as well as dev, then "general" might be a
good pattern to adopt.

What do you think?

In any case, +1 for Japanese list, with a slight preference for the
name "ooo-general-jp".

-Rob