incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should w merge discuss@ooo into ooo-users.i.a.o ?
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 17:07:46 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> By "we" I meant anyone who is seen, over there, as representing the Apache ooo project
or is reporting on the fate of oo.o as viewed from the Apache ooo project.  There's a lot
of sensitivity over there, probably more than we have seen expressed here.

Here is the post I sent to users@ooo.  It appears to have caused
"offense" to a LO supporter who wanted to blow off steam and go out in
a blaze of glory.  I will grieve his loss.

But I do also get the sense that there are participants on the list
who are unaware of our overall migration efforts, perhaps starving for
information.  This might be a good topic for a project blog post.

=====

Please note that, as part of the overall migration to Apache, this
list will be closed.  Based on feedback received, including from
participants on this list, we've decided to create a users list at the
Apache OpenOffice.org project to serve as a continuation of
users@openoffice.org.

You are invited to subscribe to the new list by sending an email to:
ooo-users-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

That Apache list is live now.  Although users@openoffice.org is not
going to disappear immediately, it will eventually be shut down.    So
you might want to finish the threads you are engaged in here, but try
to start new ones at ooo-users@incubator.apache.org.  We're talking
weeks, not months, before the migration completes.

=====

For the discuss@ooo list, I think we should also mention the ooo-dev
list and put a link to our mailing list page, since that has good info
on archives, etc.  I've supplemented that page today with a link to
the MarkMail archive of the legacy OOo databases.

-Rob

> Please go ahead.  I have the bugzilla announcement in my job jar and I'm still looking
for who on oo.o can provide administrative support on the oo.o end so that the bits don't
rot.

>  - Dennis

on creation of the ooo-users@i.a.o list did not go over very well and was a lightning rod
for some vocal participants there.