incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Catching up
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:44:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Wanda Phillips <wetcoastwriter@me.com> wrote:
> I've come over from the Open Office authors mailing list and but am finding the pace
of discussion a tad overwhelming. I haven't had time to absorb what's going on in my own life,
let alone on these lists.
> I'd like to work on the documentation in spite of the madness in my own life, but wading
through the various threads has thinned my enthusiasm some.

Hi Wanda,

I agree, it is getting noisy.

Do you have any ability to filter your emails by subject line?  One
thing would could do is ensure that all doc-related emails start with
[DOC] in their subject lines.  In many email clients you can define an
inbox filtering rule to handle this pattern.

Another option -- suggested by Jean in another thread -- is to create
a separate list,  ooo-doc, or ooo-docs or ooo-infodev for
documentation-related threads.

-Rob