incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 16:59:24 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 11:52:00 -0400
> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Your information is incomplete then.  Earlier in the thread Terry said
>> that there were ongoing discussions in the private forum that
>> paralleled this discussion.  I assume you are aware of that thread?
>
> Such discusssions were mostly commentary on the the discussion on this thread, and subsequently
reaction to the hard anti-Forum line being pursued by many of the posters to this thread,
with reaction from some volunteers to the way they were shouted down or ignored.

I don't think anyone is "anti-Forum".  Just last week I had mailing
list volunteers accusing me of being a mailing list hater because I
suggested we should do support primarily on the support forums.  The
truth is I, and many others,  are just trying to figure out how best
integrate the eclectic mix of OOo sub projects and their communities
into an Apache project.  This includes the support forums, but it
includes a lot more as well.

If you think someone had a post that was ignored, please point me to
it.  I might be able to help you formulate it into a more concrete
proposal.

> If you joine the list as Terry suggested, you would have access to those channels and
their history.

I don't think we disagree based on lack of information.  I think it is
more based on differing opinions on the importance of transparency and
Apache Way decision making.