incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Richards <mricha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 22:34:36 GMT
My build machine runs Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty) with a 64 bit kernel.

To get the deps needed to build OOo, I used apt-get build-dep on LibreOffice
package (as this is what Ubuntu is packaged with at this time) I figured
they're still fairly similar.
I did need to install the ccache package separately.

I passed configure nothing special (followed the wiki's directions).

Below is roughly what I did to get it building, (I am going from memory
here. Dug around my command history to see what I did).

svn co ... path/to/source

cd path/to/source
./configure
./bootstrap
mkdir  /path/to/ccache/dir
source ./LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
export CCACHE_DIR="/path/to/ccache/dir"
ccache -M 2G -F 100000
export CXX="ccache g++"
export CC="ccache gcc"
build -P8 --all (my build box is a Quad Core, with 6 GB Ram)

About an hour later, maybe two. I followed the wiki's instructions to
confirm my build worked (didn't do a whole lot of testing), and it did.
These are more some notes, needs some polish before it ends up as
anything official in my opinion.

--
--Matt