incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Richards <mricha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:43:08 GMT
Well, I thought Terry has resigned from the project according to another
thread, leaving the wiki migration at a bit of a stand still. Figured I
could step in and pick up where he left off on this. Am I able to, as a
non-contributor reach out to Apache Infra on this (from what I read it seems
the infra ML are for existing contributors only)? Not sure who all is
involved at this point.

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
> > My understanding that it really is a test build and it has *not* been
> maintained in synchronization with the OpenOffice.org operating version.  So
> if that system started to be used as a production instance separate from
> OpenOffice.org, it would be a fork and there would be some issues with that.
>
> The plan was to put the existing wiki into read only and then do a final
> export. That export would be used to build the final ooo-wiki. The next step
> is to change the DNS. Once DNS is complete branding changes will be made.
>

> > Also, I don't believe that would be an acceptable arrangement for Apache
> Infrastructure, for important operational reasons.  Someone from there can
> explain the rules for having a MediaWiki server being sustained.
>
> Terry has said he will finish the work. It is possible that Drew can do it.
> I know that Terry was documenting everything for Infrastructure.
>
> Perhaps you should ask infra what they will require given the events of the
> last days.
>
> I also wonder what moderation and administrative situation exists on the
> Wiki and if there is any overlap beyond Terry and Drew between these two
> groups.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> PS. A lot of us are older, let's have some consideration for other's health
> and stress levels.

I totally understand real life/health needs to come before any of these
types of projects. No problem.

--
--Matt