incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tor Lillqvist <...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: How to do with glibc-2.1.3 in AOOo?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 05:06:40 GMT
> For command line options I think the normal char is enough

I don't know what the OOo code actually uses getopt() for (I am pretty
sure it is just some build-time tools that actually use it...), but
you can be assured that the actual OOo executable(s), for Windows
(which presumably *is* the OS you expect most of your users to have?),
definitely do need the full original Unicode command line.

(Remember that Windows is Unicode-based, all file names and other
system interfaces are in UTF-16.)

And of course the OOo code itself uses UTF-16 strings almost exclusively.

--tml