incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tor Lillqvist <>
Subject Re: consolidation of Windows Build software requirements
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 09:39:34 GMT
> Sp2is still widely used and installed in low specs computers in developing
> countries where no licensed copies of MS exist (and where the use of
> unlicensed copies of software is not illegal). These computers are a part of
> OOo's market.

Sorry if I am missing something, but why wouldn't these people use an
unlicensed copy (cracked if necessary) of the "real thing", i.e. MS
Office, then, if it is not illegal?

Imagine trying to convince them to use OOo: "OK, I see you are using
an unlicensed copy of Windows, oh well, that is legal in your country,
and MS is evil anyway, so I don't mind. Now, look at what I have here,
lovely office software which is almost as good as MS Office, and it
doesn't cost anything! And it is Open Source! Don't you want to use
it, please? Please?"

View raw message