incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tor Lillqvist <...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Build AOOo on Mac OS X 10.7
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:44:39 GMT
Building against the 10.7 SDK will not succeed, as the MacOSX code at
least in vcl uses some APIs that have been removed completely in the
10.7 SDK. (They were deprecated already in 10.4... which shows the
state the Mac code is in.)

So either some Mac expert need to really do some hard work on the Mac
code (presumably duplicating much of the NeoOffice work...), or the
10.6 SDK is the most current one you can use. I know because I have
just been trying.

(Well, trying to build LO against it, but the Mac-specific code
shouldn't be different in LO and AOOo as far as I know.)

(There will be minor glitches here and there when building against the
10.6 SDK; they should be relatively easy to fix.)

--tml