incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An invitation to committers to the OOo Community Forums
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 17:45:50 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you really want to discuss a users behavior in public?
> Wow, I really don't want to do that. I strongly believe that only a
> few people would discuss another guys behavior in public.

It happens.  In fact it happened here, on this list, yesterday.  There
was some pretty excessive vitriol, open and in public.  And yet it
seemed to work into more mature and rational discussion today.

If behavior discussions are going to occur at all, it's probably
better that they happen in public rather than there be the feeling of
a secret faceless committee to which users can neither respond nor
appeal.  The latter can lead to discontent.

Don