incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [legal] ICLA paragraph 7
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:49:29 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> OpenOffice is probably a special case wrt patents and
> that's a special strength behind the Apache License so
> I think it's good in case of big contributions (like
> IBM's) to have such a document but otherwise I don't
> think it's standard practice on Apache to ask for
> signatures for small contributions.

Under another Apache project, Apache Camel, the JIRA system allows
contributions of code and changelists, which requires a box be checked
that says the contribution is made under the terms and policies, etc.
This is done on a per-contribution basis, and doesn't require a CLA
from the contributor.  Said contribution would then need to actually
be applied by a CLA-submitted committer.

Don