incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:57:47 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Reizinger Zoltán <zreizinger@hdsnet.hu>
> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Why you think the volunteers and admins will join to this list, if you
> not
> > makes any steps into the other directions?
> >

> I'm assuming the volunteers and admins want positive results.  The
> decision-making in the project occurs on this list -- ooo-dev -- by
> participants making and discussing proposals.    So I think that
> volunteers and admins should join and participate in this list so they
> can engage in an open, two-way conversation on how the project,
> including the support forums, are run.
>
> Remember, I am just one person, with my own ppinion.  I have only one
> vote.  I don't make the decisions myself.  But if an admin or other
> forum volunteer is not participating on the ooo-dev list at all, then
> their opinions will likely be unheard and their vote uncounted.  That
> is why you should encourage them to participate on the ooo-dev list.
>
> -Rob

Honestly this seems like mailing lists are an awful way to take decision.
Someones votes will be swamped by the hundred of other emails comenting and
flamewaring making the vote completely disappeared. We need better software
to account this voiting, like a poll or something similar.
We need to consider two things, what people decide and their reasoning. So
mailing list is good to express opinion or responses. But is bad to account
how many people actually say I am forward this or I still havent make a
decision.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español