incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Diploma thesis: a survey about Oracle's care of the OpenOffice.org community (and not LibreOffice)
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 06:33:58 GMT
2011/9/28 André Schnabel <andre.schnabel@gmx.net>

> Hi,
>
> first of all, I feel sorry, that I did forward the request to this list.
>
> Seems you feel more disturbed than than realizing the chance to help
> someone with his thesis.

I have helped students on their thesis toward FOSS governance and FOSS
localization process, but I would be very careful to do on a survey that
could be perceived or manipulated to get a non-technical and rather bias
view of something that has been discussed over and over.

I would be happier if the thesis reffer to an actual technical topic, like
how to approach and update the image managing engine, or restore animations
on the Flash export module of OOo. Or if there is a better solution to
handle SVG. Or address/resolve issues within the latest ODF schema.

But I see this a more of a Journalist/PR study more than an actual CS-level
study. (I am thinking this student comes from a CS background).

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* Español