incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: QUASTE working?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 23:31:11 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Am 08.09.11 01:08, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
>
>  Raphael Bircher wrote:
>>
>>> I'm actualy not sure if we realy want to use Quaste. Quaste was a
>>> special tool for our automated tests.
>>>

>> Yes, but recently it had included TCM, the very important tool to track
>> the (manual) community testing:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/TCM_Integration_to_QUASTe
>>
>> TCM, within QUASTe or not, would definitely be an important asset to get
>> from Oracle (actually what I'd be most interested in are the testcases
>> themselves and their translations; the testing platform can be adapted or
>> replaced if needed).
>>
> TCM is not OpenSource, and I don't think that we can take over. We have to
> replace it with a other system.

TCM means test case management which are used on any testing tool. The tool
that was built in sun was handmade IMO to do the TCM.  Mozilla used LITMUS
which is also used to TDF.

TCM was automatically and manually, most of the testing from the NLC
happened in the TCM and the release tool called QATest which was code by a
programmer from the Swedish community -- Per Eriksson which IS FLOSS
compliant.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol