incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for September 2011 (
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:44:16 GMT
looks good, nothing to add really. Maybe some discussions with Terry about
the wiki migration but that is included on one of the points as

I most point out there are many disucssions that are still idle and we dont
have a referrence anymore since Oracle shutdown some of these servers
including, QUASTE-TCM, QATrack, EIS, OpenGrok, etc.

Extensions are intermitent with every other weekend going off.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <>wrote:

> I have posted a draft for review on the wiki and below.  Changes and
> improvements can be made on the Wiki page.  If you propose to modify the
> page, please make it known here so that collisions can be avoided.
> Suggestions here will be selectively incorporated into the Wiki page.  The
> deadline is Wednesday, 2011-09-14.
>  - Dennis
> * entered incubation 2011-06-13.
> is an open-source, office-document productivity suite
> providing six productivity applications based around the OpenDocument Format
> (ODF). is released on multiple platforms.  Its localizations
> support 110 languages worldwide.
> * Most important to address
> 1) Migration of the legacy website's content and services to
> Apache infrastructure, including defect tracking, wiki, forums, mailing
> lists, and cross-service registration using customized software not already
> supported by Apache projects and infrastructure.  Successful negotiation of
> governance migration of user-supported services brought under incubation.
> 2) Completion of the IP-review portions of the incubation checklist, which
> will require getting an amended SGA from Oracle to cover additional source
> files; scrubbing of incompatible notices from SGA-licensed code and
> resolving provenance of other existing materials being migrated.
> 3) A Successful Podling Release
> * Issues for IPMC or ASF Board Awareness
> The code base pulled over from is undergoing development
> while incompatible notices remain on the granted code.  This is separate
> from the scrubbing of dependencies on incompatibly-licensed material.
>  RECOMMENDATION: Continue OpenOffice monthly reporting for another quarter
> while IP cleanup is pending.
> The current committers are not equipped to fully resource the migration of
> sites and services under Apache OOo incubation.  Preservation
> of the Wiki is in doubt because of resource and support limitations.
> Cutover of mailing-list and registration/forwarding systems is not resourced
> at all.  The ability to make anticipatory modifications of in
> preparation for staging is also limited, with volunteer support and
> administration of the live system possibly eroding.
> Discussions with contributors of current user-oriented documentation have
> broken off;  it is likely that the status quo will continue to be with
> user-guide contributions made separately and under licenses the authors
> prefer.  This is not an immediate issue unless replacement with ALv2
> licensed materials is urgent.  Having updated user-guides reflecting details
> and features of future Apache releases is worrisome.
> * Community development progress
> As of 2011-09-12 there are 72 committers, with 55 on the PPMC, up from 71
> and 52 at last report.  Eleven initial committers have failed to submit
> iCLAs and are out of communication.
> Discussion is underway with the operators of the existing
> forums for migration of the forums into incubation, with  adjustment of
> [...]

*Alexandro Colorado*
** EspaƱol
fingerprint: E62B CF77 1BEA 0749 C0B8 50B9 3DE6 A84A 68D0 72E6