incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of existing OOo user guides
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:57:50 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:53, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> Hi Jean;
>
> Continuing on the topic of my general ignorance ...
>
> --- On Mon, 9/5/11, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> It's not clear to me that the user guides produced by
>> ODFAuthors are in fact "official documentation" even
>> though they are made available as ODT and PDF through
>> the OOo wiki.
>>

> We are talking about the same documents here?
>
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/

That page is just a portal; most of its links point to the wiki. The
user guides I am talking about are on the wiki, linked from this page
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation

Here is an example of the user guides download pages
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/OOo3.3_User_Guide_Chapters

You will notice at the bottom "Content on this page is licensed under
the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY)" as on each of the
pages of the wikified content.

Although the wiki pages carry the Oracle logo, the user guides
themselves do not. Like many of the wiki pages, the docs have
different licenses. Some docs (Admin Guide, for example) are Oracle
docs and have a PDL license notice.

--Jean