incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: If we had the resources, what could/would/should we do?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:47:57 GMT
I asked on the ODFAuthors list for others' comments. Here is the one
response I've had so far.

--Jean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nino Novak <nn.libo@kflog.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 22:34
Subject: Re: [odfauthors-discuss] If we had the resources, what
could/would/should we do?
To: ODFAuthors <odfauthors-discuss@lists.odfauthors.org>

Am Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, um 07:13:14 schrieb Jean Weber:

> So... what would you like to see as documentation/user support for
> AOOo?

Here is a first rough collection of requirements/ideas/wishes
which may need being discussed/prioritized/concretized a bit ;)

* a centralized integrated documentation place for all flavours + forks
of the OOo/LibO family
* very good searchability (I doubt Google is sufficient?)
* sync'ed multilanguage documentation (e.g. like php or mysql docs)
* immediate availability of any document in any of the main delivery
formats (HTML, PDF, ODT) - best generated "on the fly" or regenerated on
any change from a master
* support for "filtered views" (showing only the documentation for a
given combination of software flavour/fork + Version + Language)
* support for a reviewing workflow similar to ODFAuthors or Alfresco
* support for translation workflow with fallback to original language
(or English or whatever)
* support for translations in any direction (not only from en-> other)
* arbitrary diff support (not only between two history versions of a
page like in the wiki but between any two pages/documents)
* nice2have: integration of translation memory with GUI l10n
* nice2have: interlinks with application help
* end user commentable pages
* easy community involvment (with a well thought or configurable rights
hierarchy for e.g. typo correctors, editors, reviewers, document
publishers etc.)
* licence agreement on any edit or on account creation (or both?)
* mail notification on page change with author + comment (best with
optionally included diff)
* votable pages to see what is considered high/low quality
* good statistics to see
** what infos are searched most
** what search terms are used
** what is missing most
* enhanced credits page (who - what - changed word counts, how many
per last month / last year / totaletc.)

Regards,
Nino