incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <>
Subject Re: Status of existing OOo user guides
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:01:10 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 22:29, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Jean Weber <> wrote:
>> I'm fairly sure that whatever route AOOo chooses to take, I won't be
>> interested in being part of it. I had no real idea of what would be
>> involved here (I suspect few of us did) and now realise that it's
>> probably just not my thing.
> I'm not really seeing how the move to AOOo makes it any different from
> ODFAuthors.  You were a separate group before, and you remain so
> today. Remaining independent is a fine choice.  Working within the
> project is fine as well, but then we need to resolve the license
> issues.

Regardless of what the other members of ODFAuthors choose to do
regarding AOOo and the existing user guides, and where they choose to
do it, I am burnt out and not interested in continuing. Possibly,
after 6 months or more away (what Aussies call "long service leave"),
I'll be interested in returning, but no one should count on it.

Other members of ODFAuthors involved with OOo user guides can choose
which way they individually, and perhaps as a group, wish to proceed.
The source for the books is available on the OOo/Docs wiki as well as
the ODFAuthors website.

View raw message