incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 05:39:24 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 15:18, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> IMO, documentation.dev can be mapped to ooo-dev. That list was used
>> for policy and infrastructure discussions, which would fit well on
>> ooo-dev.
>>
>> I would like to see user-faq.authors mapped to ooo-userdocs, for
>> reasons stated earlier, so I shall endeavour to find several
>> moderators and a core group of list members. The list certainly
>> fulfills the criterion of discussion on the legacy OOo list.
>>

> Would it be worth generalizing this to a list that covers help,
> documentation, training/tutorials,FAQ's, even support technology (as
> opposed to support delivery)?  So something like ooo-user-services, or
> ooo-infodev, or something like that?  If we really think that there
> should be a better connection and sharing among these concerns,
> getting them discussed on the same list might help encourage
> cross-pollination.

Yes, certainly the list should cover all content types (help,
training/tutorials -- including video, FAQs, user guides, etc). To me
"userdocs" does encompass all of those forms, but perhaps another name
would convey that meaning better to other people. I'd be happy with
(say) ooo-infodev or a similar name; I was just looking for the
shortest variation that would work. (Aside: I wonder how common or
well-known the phrase "information development" is outside of IBM. Not
an important consideration, just idle curiosity.)

I have no objection to including and encouraging the discussion of
other forms of user support. It's probably a good idea to include
them, to (as you say) encourage better connection and sharing.

--Jean