incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <>
Subject Re: Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 05:10:30 GMT
On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 14:28, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Rob Weir <> wrote:
>> To help prioritize the list migration efforts, I've collected numbers
>> from the legacy OOo lists.  Looking at 2011 posts, year to date, these
>> are the average posts/day for the most-used lists.
>  <snip>
> I've created an updated version of this list, looking at the time
> period from Feb 2010 to the present.  That encompasses the releases
> cycles for 3.2.1 and 3.3, as well as the 3.4 beta, so it should have a
> fairer representation of all lists involved within a release cycle.
> I've put the top 100 lists on the wiki, in a table.  I'm hoping we can
> map these to the equivalent Apache list or identify where additional
> lists may be required.
> I've taken a first pass over a random selection of the lists.  Nothing
> set in stone, but maybe it will provoke a discussion that helps us
> understand this better.
> One question I have, after seeing the list, was what purpose was
> served by the,, fi,dev, etc.  Were these lists used
> specifically for i10n related development, such as proofing tools,
> number, date/time, currency formatting code, etc.? Or were these
> general lists for discussions related to core development, held in the
> developer's native language?

IMO, can be mapped to ooo-dev. That list was used
for policy and infrastructure discussions, which would fit well on

I would like to see user-faq.authors mapped to ooo-userdocs, for
reasons stated earlier, so I shall endeavour to find several
moderators and a core group of list members. The list certainly
fulfills the criterion of discussion on the legacy OOo list.

If anyone reading this note would like to offer to be a moderator,
please speak up!

View raw message