incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From the mad doctor kaeding <the.mad.doctor.kaed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : change UI font size
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:18:13 GMT
The problem is that KDE has a setting called "force DPI" in
KControl > Appearance > Fonts.  If disabled, then KDE seems
to scale fonts to the /physical/ size requested, i.e. 72pt/in.
OO does not read this setting from KConfiguration, or ignores
it, and instead renders fonts with 1px = 1pt.  The result is an
ugly mismatch between KDE and OO apps.  I found a way
to work around it.

I use linux with very recent versions of GCC and binutils.
While building OO, several modules failed to link.  For example,
the sot module failed with this message:

Making: libsotlx.so
../unxlngx6.pro/slo/ucbstorage.o: In function `Reference':
/sources/new/openoffice/OOO330_m20/solver/330/unxlngx6.pro/inc/com/sun/star/uno/Reference.hxx:140:
undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to
utl::OOutputStreamWrapper::acquire()'
/usr/bin/ld: ../unxlngx6.pro/slo/ucbstorage.o: relocation
R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `non-virtual thunk to
utl::OOutputStreamWrapper::acquire()' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dmake: Error code 1, while making '../unxlngx6.pro/lib/libsotlx.so'

There are about a dozen such failures.  I worked around them, but am
reporting them to you anyway.  I realize that noone is reading this
message, but don't worry:  I am unsubscribing today.  Good luck.