incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject visibility and credibility of the OpenOffice.org brand.
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:26:51 GMT
[this email was prompted by a private communication relating to the
OOo brand and calling for mentors to take action. I think it is
important so I've stripped the original mail and brought it public for
discussion]

As a mentor let me make it clear that it is not the mentors (or the
foundations)  responsibility to protect the visibility and credibility
of the OpenOffice.org brand. It is the collective responsibility of
the community.

If someone is concerned about the lack of communication about the
OpenOffice.org project then get writing blog posts, get tweeting, get
to speaking events, get down and dirty helping move the code here and
building the first release. Get doing whatever it is you can do,

I'm not concerned about a petty deletion of a link in a public wiki.
I'm more concerned about getting more people to do what a handful of
community members (both active and lurking) were doing at
TransferSummit and BarCampApacheOxford last week.

So, as a mentor I want to ask what the community would like to do in
order to protect the visibility and credibility of the OpenOffice.org
brand.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)