incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Get lazy consensus on to recommend that the trademark permission be granted to TLM Ltd
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:58:04 GMT
On 12 September 2011 12:22, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 September 2011 11:24, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
>
>> Ian Lynch wrote on Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:16:39 +0100:
>> > The Lazy Consensus period has now passed so there is PPMC agreement with
>> the
>> > proposal. I now need trademarks@ to take any vote necessary to complete
>> the
>> > process. (Mentors, if I have any of this wrong please let me know :-) )
>>
>> You called for a lazy consensus over a weekend, in some projects it's
>> a good idea not to end a lazy consensus on a Monday since many people
>> aren't around on weekends.
>>

> So does the 72 hours apply to working days only? If so I think it would be a
> good idea to  make that clear. No problem from my point of view to wait
> another 48 hours.

The project defines it's rules on this. Many projects say 72 hours is
fine, regardless of when it falls. We tend to prefer to trust our
community members to do the right thing when weekends are involved. If
it's potentially controversial then try not to do it over a weekend.

However, in this case there will be another 72 hour period anyway as
there needs to be formal approval from trademarks@, people can still
object during this time and we can withdraw the vote if necessary, so
I'd say you are good to go. In addition this has already been
discussed extensively on this list and I believe your proposal
reflects the feedback you got.

On the other hand, if you are not in a hurry it's nice to give the
community a little more time.

Ross