incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: How do we want to announce new Committers/PPMC members
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:02:30 GMT
On 29 September 2011 19:00, Tor Lillqvist <tml@iki.fi> wrote:
> Perhaps instead of announcements of new committers, announcements of
> actual commits (more than just one) from somebody who hasn't committed
> earlier would be interesting...

-0

When a patch is committed the commit message should contain "(issue
xyz - thanks to Jane Blogs)" The commit mail gets sent to a commit
list and thus there is already a process for this in place. No harm in
someone doing a separate thank you but if someone gets missed or the
volunteer is busy it can leave people feeling left out.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)