incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: "LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice.org one year later"
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:13:23 GMT
On 22 September 2011 17:03, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> An interesting new article in Lwn.net by Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier.
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/458974/
>
> There are a couple factual errors there in describing our project:

Thanks Rob. I assume you have politely pointed the author at your corrections.

> Of course, journalists of all stripes are busy people, with deadlines
> and not a lot of time to fact check.  So anything we can do to make
> progress on the project more obvious to the casual visitor might be a
> good thing.  For example, when we have something as significant as the
> successful Bugzilla migration, maybe that should get a blog post?
> Maybe we can try to establish a regular cadence of posts, say every
> two weeks?

+1

It would be great if someone would script the inclusion of these
headlines into the homepage of the project site too (via the blog RSS
feed).

I wonder if it is also worth setting up a "planet" for OO.o
contributors. We have http://planet.apache.org/, but this is across
the whole foundation. If we could have, say, planet-ooo.apache.org
then we could aggregate committers appropriately tagged feeds.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)