incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:42:34 GMT
2011/9/22 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I was thinking something similar.  We only need to use the SVN
>> interface to the files when we're adding or updating.  But we can have
>> bootstrap continue to download via http.  The location, using
>> Juergen's proposed location, would be
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/ext-sources
>>
>> yes, this is the correct URL, the URL that i have posted wouldn't work
>
> Juergen
>

>> This would save having a duplicate local SVN working copy of the file,
>> right?

mmh, no or i understand something wrong. People checkout .../trunk and would
get "ext_sources", "main" and "extras". To benefit from the modified script
we have to put "ext_sources" besides "trunk"

.../ooo/ext_sources
.../ooo/trunk/main
.../ooo/trunk/extras

Means back to my initial proposal, right?

Juergen