incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:08:24 GMT
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Fernand Vanrie <sos@pmgroup.be> wrote:

> On 23/09/2011 15:28, Rob Weir wrote:
>  We don't want to upset that. On the other hand, most of our potential
> users are using MS Office, and they have radically changed their UI...
>
> Yes, with many pro's  and con's but we still have the 1 milion question:
> Must aOO or/and LO be a copy of the MS Office and his  UI ?

mmh, no direct answer. I would prefer if we are trying to provide the best
and most intuitive solution to fulfill a specific task or to make new
features as easy as possible available. Simplicity combined with
effectiveness is what counts in the end and what will bring us new users and
make existing users happy.

Juergen