incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [EXT][DISCUSS] Including Groovy as a scripting language
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:07:18 GMT
Hi,

i have to confess that i have completely missed this extension until today.

It shows again the power that we have to support scripting languages that
are based on the JVM. I like it.

>From a programmability perspective we should think about a better
integration of scripting support in general. Besides Basic that is widely
used and well known from MS office it would be nice if there would be
volunteers interested to work on a better scripting solution than Basic.
That would include of course a good and powerful IDE and tooling to make
scripting as easy as possible and to benefit from the language features.
Additional things like code completion, predefined code snippets for
specific task that are easy to use in own scripts come to my mind. I think
there is a lot of space for very interesting stuff in this direction and
where the office can really benefit from.

Juergen