incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forums not reachable
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:11:07 GMT
Christian--

Can you supply an update to whatever is going on on this wiki page?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Forums

The issue Terry refers to has been closed and the response is confusing to
me, but perhaps it makes sense to someone else.

After my "panic" about the wiki yesterday, I am thinking more about some of
the other responses to that, adn will weigh in again later this week after I
do more investigation.

However, the forums are another matter.

I, for one, would really like to get an idea of what's going on with this.

Thanks.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com>wrote:

> > Wasn't there going to be a proposal from the Forum community regarding
> moving the Forums to Apache Infrastructure?
> >
> > I recall activity on the the CWiki about it, but nothing has happened
> here to move the process forward.
>
> The proposal is still in progress. There is still no agreement on if
> it actually will happen.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
>

> > Regards,
> > Dave

> posting on oooforum.org notes that the site is down, but gives no reason

> >> You are right in that no one knows
> >>
> >> - you really should be following the user mailing list [the new one not
> >> the old one], this was the only topic talked about on the list
> >> yesterday ... then again, it's not like the list is actually getting any
> >> use otherwise anyway - but still.
> >>
> >> So, I've been up since 4 AM, my time, hoping to hear something and now
> >> it's 11:30 Hamburg time - still nothing - I did just get an email (an
> >> hour ago now) from Terry so everyone is waiting to pounce, but as of 5
> >> minutes ago still unable to connect to the server in any way at all.
> >>

> --
> http://www.grobmeier.de

MzK

"There is no such thing as coincidence."
           -- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule #39