incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:41:01 GMT
Dennis--

Hi...I'm just getting to this now.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org>wrote:

> Thanks Dave, those are useful inventory items to ensure coverage and
> disposition of some sort.
>
> What are your thoughts along the lines of my question to Kay concerning how
> updates and discussions on these would be handled cleanly?
>
> In fact, what is the desired action with regard to the items on those
> pages? Anything specific?

The recommendations regarding the web sites were mine alone.  I guess my
feeling was since pretty much ALL development is being handled by one list
here currently, it makes sense to me to combine areas that I think are code
development related and hence the recommendations I made. This being said, I
think at the very least, the current project heads involved in the various
"development" areas like api, appliation framework, database -- really
anything designated as "core" (thanks to Marcus for this) -- should be
contacted to see what they think, or rather how they might to combine what's
on these sites. Right now, if you go to the current OOo wiki,

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

you'll see the development "teams" listed.

There may be some legacy info some of these folks want to keep from the web
sites, but I couldn't really speak to that.

Maybe the best way would be just to just start a thread with the subject
heading

[DISCUSS] Simplifying the new Apache OOo web site  according to "category"
function

or something like that, pointing folks to

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OOo-to-ASF-site-recommendation

and see what anyone has to say.

>  - Dennis

MzK

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and
 on which it is impossible to be silent."
                                                   -- Victor Hugo